I don't know at what age you stop reminiscing about your child's birth. Four years ago is still too fresh to forget. And so, December 9, 2009 was full of memories of December 9, 2005. As M woke me with a "mmmmmooooooommmmmmmyyy" at 6:05, I remembered that last morning of sleeping in I will
ever have. (I think I got up at 8 that day). As I got him up from his nap this afternoon, I remembered it was about this time 4 years ago that my water broke. As we baked the cookies he will take to school for his birthday tomorrow, I recalled that even though my water broke, I finished the last 2 batches of Christmas cookies I was baking
before calling Jason or my midwife.
When I put him to bed I told him when he wakes for breakfast he'll already be 4 years old. He wanted to know how he got out of my belly. Unfortunately, the "God has a special magic way and He & Daddy helped me" line was not enough this time. I diverted with a discussion of cake and ice cream and presents and he directed back to "but
where did I come out?" Oh, dear. Please, little one, just let me be nostalgic. Can we address the how's and why's in a few more years?
By the way, here is how the cookies turned out:
No comments:
Post a Comment