Thursday, November 7, 2013

...They All Fall Down

This all seems a bit out of order with my postings on snow a few weeks ago, but this really is H's first autumn as well.  While we had 4 distinct seasons in southern Brazil, the vegetation was much different.  In addition, autumn and winter were not severe enough to cause an annual shedding of leaves.  I don't think she really believed me when I told her the leaves were all going to change colors and then fall off the trees.  Now that our backyard is completely blanketed by red, yellow, gold, and brown, I think she finally "gets" it.  On our daily drive to & from school along the big river, she loves to point out the "naked trees" and pretend that they are cold.  She loves that she can spot birds nests remaining behind when all the leaves are gone.  She likes windy days because they create a shower of leaves falling from the sky.  And apparently, Ring Around the Rosie is a lot more fun when 'they all fall down' onto a blanket of leaves.  Who knew.

Either way, I love this picture I snapped of her enjoying the beauty God created for us this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment