Wish I had pictures to share in the blog, but I'll just have to create them for you verbally.
I'm not afraid of mud. I know plenty of moms who are, but alas, a little dirt and water never hurt me, and usually washes out.
Since we had 50s following snow storms, we have thick mud and mud puddles all down our lane. We were overjoyed the day we could put on our rain boots and go puddle stomping, puddle running, puddle splashing, pebble plunking, and for the less coordinated parties, have a mud bath. D proclaimed he wants to find someone with pigs ("like the DePauws") to bring them over to roll around in the mud. M enjoyed learning what happens when she steps, versus stomps verses runs, and then found out it's hard to run in a thick puddle and stay upright. She went hands first right into the puddle. She was pretty much covered, the entire front of her. When I helped her up, she said "ut, oh. paper towel." A paper towel....yeah, kid, like maybe a bath and a whole new wardrobe!
I don't know if they'll remember these days or not, but I always will. And not because of the extra laundry, or the mud all over the sides of the tub. You should see the look on a child's face when they are so engaged in an activity of that sort. Worth every drop of Tide.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment