On Monday morning D had his cast removed (despite the fact that he was hanging on to it for dear life wailing "Don't take it off! I want it on!!") It wasn't the relief I expected out of him. I think fear of pain, fear of unknown won out. He was quite hysterical about the whole ordeal, but nothing a little ice cream can't fix. An hour later with a full belly and messy face he was his calm and happy, yet immobile, self.
The nurse promised a little Motrin and a soak in a warm tub would help the sore, unused joints and muscles immensely. There was a bit of resistance on this end though, so I had to make it enticing. And so, D was the first to use our new big jacuzzi tub for the biggest bubble bath on record! He soaked for 3 hours!! Then later in the evening asked for another soak, and the next day too! That really helped rid the 7 week stench off his leg!
We found out when you add bubble bath, then turn on the jets it gives a whole new meaning to Bubble Bath.
I almost lost him in there!
His mobility has taken a step backwards though...he'd gotten pretty good at the walking cast. As he works out the aches and regains muscle strength and confidence he hobbles around holding on for dear life and usually asking to be carried. We're not far off though. Several preschool moms commented on the difference in him today vs. yesterday. We've got a great group of praying friends, though, and so a quick recovery is never a surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment