Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What Memories are Made Of


A few years ago we asked Grammy for this rather large "family gift" for Christmas because it is always more fun to draw and paint standing up.  It has a chalk board on one side and a dry erase board on the other.  It has a roll of paper and came with no spill paint cups and large, easy to handle brushes.  I think DaddyHealy thought I was crazy when I told him that without a doubt this large easel was coming with us in our very limited shipment of household goods to Brazil.  I have never regretted it.  In fact, here where we are homeschooling, we use it for spelling lessons, for practicing writing letters, for notes to student or teacher and of course for a variety of means of artistic expression.  There is no one in our family (big people included) who does not use our easel.

I am sure we could sell it for a good price when we leave, because things like this are hard to find here, but there is not a chance of me selling it.  There are too many memories tied up in it and I'm not willing to let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment