Luckily, the flakes started to fall before school so we got to run out, however briefly, for a lick or a catch before heading off to school. As the kids' godfather so astutely put it, it's a good day not to be an elementary school teacher.
| They took just a moment to catch the first fat flakes. |
This is, for all practical purposes, H's first snow. She was only 4-5 months old for her first winter, and we've spent every winter since in sub-tropical Brazil. So I was glad I didn't have to usher her off to a classroom today. Instead we had a chilly sensory morning.
| M told her you can eat snow if you can catch it with your tongue. Here she is trying her best. |
| I love the flakes on her eyelashes. She told me the snow 'tickled her eyes.' |
I didn't actually think it was going to stick, but the ground is white and we made snowballs! I guess I'm going to be spending nap time locating what very inadequate supply of snow gear we still have. I have a feeling after school we'll be very busy enjoying snow for the first time, all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment