Friday, October 25, 2013

What He's Reading Now

D loves to read, and I mean LOVES to read.  He's still reading a grade or two above his grade level.  His school has a goal of reading 1 million minutes this year.  It got me to thinking, I wonder how many minutes he reads himself in a year?  An hour or more a day is not uncommon, even now that he has an 8 hour school day.  He reads anywhere and everywhere...I've seen him reading while walking down the stairs.  He has a fabulous stash of books and he doesn't mind reading them over and over again.  And oh, how we love the convenience of the library now that we are back in The States.

It cracks me up how many different books he has his nose in at a time.  We do not own enough bookmarks for this kid.  He's taken to using (clean) klennexes...and I'm not kidding...to mark his pages.  Here is a recent stack of books he was reading.  He really does read them all, going back & forth between them on any given day.  It would make me crazy trying to follow so many plots, but it doesn't seem to phase him.

The Lego Star Wars Book, Mr. Poppers Penguins, How to Be a Ninja, How to Be a Pirate, Bunnicula, Justin Morgan Had a Horse, How to Train Your Dragon, and The Awesome Book of Bible Facts

No comments:

Post a Comment