Is anyone still out there? If you are, I’m amazed. It’s been 5 1/2 years since my last post. That is hard to fathom. Although they were 5 crazy, glorious years, I’m not going to try to catch you up. I’m going to start where we are today.....home.
Today we are sheltering in place. Three months ago, I’d never heard of COVID19, I had no idea MERS and H1N1 were “Coronaviruses” and our toilet paper and bleach supply were the last thing on my mind. And yet, here we are, inundated with hourly news updates, global tallies, country tallies, and state tallies, a little anxiety, calls to prayer, locked church doors, “e-learning” for the kids, and sometimes empty store shelves.
I’ll be honest, since our governor instituted a “shelter in place” order for our state last weekend, my life hasn’t changed much. I’m cooking, cleaning, playing, listening, reading, hugging, praying, washing, disciplining, and loving just about like always. The only thing missing is the driving. I have the people I love most closer to me for more hours a day. Who can complain about that? Have our plans been changed? You bet. Is it always easy? Not on your life. Complete family harmony? In my dreams. But as we are finding, quarantine can be fun.
So, I decided I need to reconnect with all of you. I’d like to share a bit of what life looks like on the inside of our 4 walls, since legally, I can’t invite you for a visit right now. Life under lockdown can get messy, but it is completely sheltered in love.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment