Thursday, March 26, 2020

One Day at a Time

When I found out we are going to be working, living, and learning all under the same roof for an indefinite amount of time, a posted schedule seemed like a good idea. I love the idea of block schedules because it gives you the grace of flexibility when sometimes breakfast just doesn’t happen at 7 o’clock and nap time gets a little behind schedule because we played outside too long. However, we all need structure.  I hope that as we get used to this new routine, things will become a bit more more predictable in our chaotic world.  Of course, none of us knows how long this will be our reality, but I’m hopeful this schedule will be workable as long as we need.


I’m sure we are all experiencing a little cabin fever right now. Blessedly, we have a big yard and plenty of space to play and get our ya-yas out. The outside time in our schedule is non-negotiable.  I don’t care if it’s cold, or if you don’t feel like it. Everyone has to get outside and breathe some fresh air.  Every day.  For better or worse, Mother Nature hasn’t exactly been cooperating with my plans.  Nevertheless, outside time is required, and I’d say for the most part, they have been delighted by the variety of weather we’ve had in this first week.

Four inches of snow on Monday provided plenty of opportunity for exercise and creativity.


I don't know what it is about puddles, but they draw kids like a bee to honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment