Friday, May 29, 2009

In search of the illusive

We all woke crabby and I was wondering if this expedition was such a good idea. I was either really asking for it, or it was going to be just what we needed to get our ya-yas out. We began our search at the Perk.....a venti iced latte, my 30-something version of liquid courage. I think we're on the right track.
Alright, so here's the thing. There's a new exhibit, just opened last weekend. Tigers, deer and the mysterious red panda. On the way, I asked D what he was searching for this morning. red panda, red panda and red panda. (oh, and maybe the milking cow). Unfortunately, the map is the only place he located the red panda. This remains a mystery.

We were redeemed at the children's farm, though................we encounter a treasure. Not even buried! Right there for the getting! Of course we had to bring it home as proof of successful treasure hunting.

Lucky for M, right about 11:15, her search was over. Treasure of a whole different type landed right in front of her.


The final hunt, though, took the whole morning. D had his eye out....desperately searching. He knows this (zoo) is a habitat where his prized discovery thrives. He's seen it here before, even had a one-on-one encounter. We were getting concerned...beginning to wonder if the sought-after species is nearing extinction in this region....but alas, success.....oh, what sweet success.


No comments:

Post a Comment