Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A is for Apple

Fall if my favorite time of year for many reasons, but probably #1 on the list is apple harvest. I'm not saying I ran to the orchards or packing house every autumn day as soon as I got off the school bus asking what jobs I could do, but the memories remain. Somehow autumn still means the sound of tractors in the orchards, the look and feel of an unpolished, unwaxed apple in my hand, the taste and texture of an apple picked within the hour (this one has spoiled me for life!) and oddly the smell of the packing house.

I'm still trying to figure out why it is I didn't want to marry a farmer or live a farm life, but still desperately want my children to have it. Strange, I know. But that's what grandparents are for, right?! Here, enjoying the "fruits" of their labors:
D picking apples to take for snack at preschool
M helping too
M trying to get back the one she put in the crate
Sweet Rewards (and so what if it spoils their dinner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment