Monday, December 12, 2011

Thirty-Five

Having a December birthday can be rough. It's cold and snowy. People always wrap your birthday presents in Christmas wrapping paper. People are often too busy with holiday stuff to remember or to help you celebrate. But, being on the other side of the world shakes things up a bit.

This is how I spent my afternoon....

....in the company of a new friend.

Oh, and there's also that part about how our wonderful maid already cleaned the house, did the laundry, washed the dishes. I got a love note from my husband. I got snuggles from my kids, and a 2 1/2 hour-Happy-Birthday-to-Mommy nap from H. I fit into a bikini that I haven't worn since 2 children ago, and I used it to load up on vitamin D in the pool.....Thirty-Five is looking like a pretty good year.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a GREAT birthday to me! happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best birthday a girl could have..

    Barbi

    ReplyDelete