Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Journal

I'm having D journal his broken leg journey because I think it will be a great keepsake for later, and God forbid one of my grandchildren ever end up with a broken bone, they may get some enjoyment in looking at it.

He's familiar with the idea of journaling because he did a preschool journal last year. Essentially at 4 years old, journaling includes some doodles, a great place to try out new crayons, a place to put stickers and address labels from cards and packages, tape in scraps of wrapping paper and brochures of the fun ice cream place he went after his doctor appointment, his hospital bracelet, etc. Eventually the cards and some pictures will be pasted in there too. I've made some entries for him, writing what he verbalizes, like his story of what happened, what he's grateful for and so on. I'll be sure to post some of the better ones here.

No comments:

Post a Comment