Monday, June 22, 2009
The Baker's Market
It was a horribly rainy Saturday morning, but I had been wanting to check out the farmer's market and we had some other errands to run in town, so we loaded up the kids and went for it. Much to my surprise, it was a covered market, a great little place, live music, a guy twisting balloons, and all kinds of vendors. This town is close to Amish country out here and so I knew there would be a good bounty. I really hit the jackpot! Sno peas (my favorite), yellow squash (because the 26 zucchini we already got out of our own garden is not near enough squash for one family!), and cucumbers and onions for cuke salad. A cherry pie, cinnamon rolls, sugar cookies, jalapeno cheese bread.....I guess for me it was more of a baker's market than a farmer's market!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment