And I'm wondering about playdough. Does anyone have kids that keep blue, blue and pink, pink? My artists prefer mass amounts of the same brown blob. I tried stopping D for the first few years, telling him smashing green and blue together (however creatively making the planet Earth) will ruin the playdough, and I won't be able to separate it again. He could care less. On with the smashing, mooshing, and rolling it all together, "look mom! I made purple!" "Now it's brown! Cool, look at my brown rocks!" And the next time he plays with it? "Look mom! It stayed brown!" (like thank goodness, I thought it might magically jump back to blue, yellow, and green while I slept). He's so happy with it. I have no idea why, but he is. At any rate, M looked longingly at him all morning, and though I'd never have put playdough into his 14 mo old hands, the second child is raised so much differently, so into the high chair and 2 blobs of playdough (which of course eventually became one blob), and honestly about 40 minutes of entertainment for her!! And I only had to take it out of her mouth and tell her "yucky!" twice. I was amazed.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
In the Spirit of Yes
And I'm wondering about playdough. Does anyone have kids that keep blue, blue and pink, pink? My artists prefer mass amounts of the same brown blob. I tried stopping D for the first few years, telling him smashing green and blue together (however creatively making the planet Earth) will ruin the playdough, and I won't be able to separate it again. He could care less. On with the smashing, mooshing, and rolling it all together, "look mom! I made purple!" "Now it's brown! Cool, look at my brown rocks!" And the next time he plays with it? "Look mom! It stayed brown!" (like thank goodness, I thought it might magically jump back to blue, yellow, and green while I slept). He's so happy with it. I have no idea why, but he is. At any rate, M looked longingly at him all morning, and though I'd never have put playdough into his 14 mo old hands, the second child is raised so much differently, so into the high chair and 2 blobs of playdough (which of course eventually became one blob), and honestly about 40 minutes of entertainment for her!! And I only had to take it out of her mouth and tell her "yucky!" twice. I was amazed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment