Have I told you about our car before? This has to be the world's smallest minivan. DaddyHealy told me it's a nice transition vehicle for a soccer mom. I have thus far refused a mini-van in favor of an equally un-cool large family car. He has renewed hopes for me upon our return.
This piece of work is called a Zafira, and is made by Chevy. Not too many people around these parts drive something so big. The Company, however, leases one of these beauties for all ex-pat families here in Brazil. So around town, you can be almost certain someone you know is behind the wheel if you see one of these cruising along. It's nothing special, but it gets us where we need to go. Honestly, I think my (very large) family car back in the States had more room. The Zafira does, however, have 7 seats, which is convenient for when Grandma & Grandpa come for a visit. Mind you all the luggage has to go on the roof and everyone has to inhale deeply before you close the doors, but it is a great solution for us.
It rides rough, though...or maybe it's just the roads, and it lacks some features we'd consider standard in a family vehicle. But then again, I don't pay a penny for using it these 2 years, so I'm counting my blessings!
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment