There were tons of floats, big trucks, old cars, horses, antique tractors, and even a fly-over to kick things off. But I was even more amazed at the things D says. Somedays I think I should have a tape recorder on at all times. He's only 3 1/2 and if his memory keeps up, he's going to be out of brain capacity by the time he reaches the 3rd grade. He remembers EVERYTHING (bearing some eerie similarities to the paternal unit). He looked around to find anyone who would listen and then started talking (ok, admittedly maternal inheritance here). He told people about the flywheel on the old Johnny Popper and what all you can hook up to it. He explained that the space shuttle (there was a space shuttle float) shoots hot fires at take off so you'd better stay back by the countdown clock and watch for the solid rocket boosters to drop back to Earth. If there was anything he didn't know or understand he'd ask, and then tell all the people around us, and then tell me again (and again, and again) the following week.
A few of our favorite exhibits:
Who Else?
This Big!!!!
I love how easy it is to bring them joy at this age. Can it stay that way forever??
No comments:
Post a Comment