Goldenrod is really much more than just the building you see in the following pictures. It has a lot of neat history dating back to more generations than my family has even been in the land of the free! Though it is not owned by the Healy family now, the Goldenrod grain elevator was in the family for many years. From Goldenrod you can still see the remnants of the limestone house that was the Healy homestead generations ago. The Healy's still farms all around Goldenrod. It is a object of photos and artwork, a landmark in the area.
During our wedding mass, the officiating priest likened grain elevators to lighthouses and church steeples.... drawing one in, bringing one home. Well, that was certainly how I found the fields they were cutting in this year!
We have at least 5 different pictures, plaques or figurines of Goldenrod in our house, and when 1-year-old D attended his first wheat harvest it was made clear that I had better make sure I get his picture in front of Goldenrod. M is luckier. I have been a member of the family longer, and have lived here now for several years and I now feel a tie to Goldenrod. So without suggestion from any other Healy, I set out to take the perfect picture of M with Goldenrod. And now there is another framed artwork of Goldenrod in our house.
Some of these are unconventional, but I was experimenting. These are my favorites from over 30 pictures I took in 6 minutes (that was as long as I could keep her attention).
it was a high noon photo session
No comments:
Post a Comment