Friday, July 17, 2009

Moments to Remember

I often wonder what things our kids will remember about childhood. We all have those moments, traditions, or feelings that stick with us. I try so hard to make sure there are some of those in their lives.....making homemade pizza together every Friday night, our nighttime rituals, baking....or more importantly licking the batter spoon, and trips to grandparents' farms. But really, I think I'm trying too hard. Moments like this picture will last forever without my even trying.
DaddyHealy has been doing his best to teach D to drive a tractor without the farm to do it on. But we have more than a few acres and enough horsepower in our John Deere to keep D satisfied. And honestly, for 3 1/2 I am impressed. He has a pretty good understanding of right, left, straighten up, and even without direction, his steering is pretty accurate. When his feet reach the peddles I might be a little more concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment