Silly me, I thought being stuck at home with no school, no extra curriculars, no play dates that we would get bored. We would run out of things to do, and I would hear a near constant lament of “Mom, I’m booooored!” I spent a better part of a Sunday afternoon early in quarantine writing up this loooong list of ideas of things to do. I posted it in our kitchen.
Guess what? Apparently we don’t have time to be bored, because I can count on one hand how many times I’ve heard this complaint in the 7 weeks we’ve been under quarantine. Maybe it’s because they know their mom, and complaints like that usually get rewarded with extra chores to help you feel less bored. Maybe it’s because they have good imaginations and this hasn’t gotten old yet. I don’t know, but for now, I’m leaving it posted.
I’m hopeful, but realistic about what summer will look like. Usually full of summer camp, swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School, parades, festivals, zoo visits and water parks...I expect this summer to be slower, closer to home, and depending on perspective, less fun. So the list stays.

No comments:
Post a Comment