Saturday, May 23, 2020

Fairy houses

I know everyone thinks that this generation of kids has no imagination and needs to be entertained constantly.  You know “Back when I was a kid, we had to make our own fun...”

M is still going to be saying that when she is a grandma!  This kid is always creating, exploring and imagining.  She is the mastermind behind imaginary games like “Runaway Animals,” “Big Ella,” and “Breakfast Bunch Ball.” And she’s not just coming up with the ideas and telling everyone how to play.  She’s teaching her little sisters to have big imaginations too. She’s going to be an amazing babysitter, and an even better mom.  At the ripe age of 12, her dream is to be a grandma.  And let me tell you, she is going to be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G at that job.  Then again, she’s had some pretty good role models in that department.

When M disappears, it’s a good bet you can find her outside...wandering down by the creek, spying on baby animals, building a protective fortress for a sapling she is determined to see grow, or using little pieces of nature to create something out of her imagination.  She calls her recent structures “bark houses,” but I like to think they are fairy houses.







No comments:

Post a Comment