Saturday, August 29, 2009

Does it Get Any Better?

Okay, honestly, I am just making up this post because I have one of those too-cute-not-to-post pictures of D. Grandma brought down Grandpa D's old Navy hat (that must have shrunk considerably in 40 yrs because it fits my 3 yr old perfectly).

Isn't this grin great, though? I am having a bit of empty nest syndrome sending my firstborn off to preschool (which doesn't even start for 2 more weeks and is only 2 days a week!) A cousin with kids in their teens recently sent us a link to their fabulous blog. While I'm blogging about my kids in preschool and mud puddles, they are blogging their kids in international travel and mountain climbing. He sent me a note teasing me that our little darlings will grow up too. He can't be right....can he? But then, maybe so.....seems like last week he was a screaming infant who would never sleep through the night....and now school. I am delighted and disappointed that he can't wait to start and wants to spend the night there too. Will he realize that DaddyHealy and I don't actually know everything?

I was reading an article recently in Parenting magazine written (anonymously) by a preschool teacher with advice for parents. Mostly, it contained amusing comments like a Nutella sandwich and chocolate milk is not a good lunch, I'm sure your child is gifted (whose isn't?) and don't ever allow your child wear plastic high heeled shoes to school. But then there was "relish these days" and "don't stress about the things that will pass" (temper tantrums, anyone?!)..."revel in the innocent, fleeting happiness that is life with a preschooler." Look again at that face. Innocent fleeting happiness. It doesn't get any better that this, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment