Indeed we did go over the (Mississippi) River and through (a whole lot of) woods to get to Grandma's this summer. And what could be better than (80 degree!) summer days on the farm?!
I love that our kids can get their hands into the dirt and experience all the things DaddyHealy and I did as children, even if it is just through visits to the farms. No U-Pick or preschool field trip gets kids experiences like the ones they have with grandmas and grandpas. I do find it exceedingly humerous that the whole family joined in on activities I once avoided like the plague (packing corn, anyone!?).
The whole family joining in on the activity (aka work)
Honestly though, being an adult I appreciate it, as a child I certainly did not. I guess now I realize how hard our parents work, and how that has made us the adults we are. I now find myself trying to figure out how to pass on this same responsibility and work ethic to my kids without involuntary farm labor to draw on. In the meantime, they have fun playing farm.
DaddyHealy becomes the eager left-hand man
Practicing....only 10.5 more years till he gets these keys
More like 13 more years for her
Treasures galore around this farm!
No comments:
Post a Comment