Have you ever received a little box of sunshine? I mean right on your front porch......delivered by the UPS man? Well, that is exactly what I received yesterday. A visit from the UPS man is always exciting, but when the package is unexpected it becomes a delight!
A group of dear friends (sisterchicks, if you know what I mean) from our former town recently got together for a garden tea party and decided to include me in on the fun, sending me a wonderful box of notes and goodies including tea (what else!?) party favors, candles, flower pot, socks just right for a "chick" among other things....even an ice-cream scoop---BYO ice-cream :) ! At naptime tomorrow I am so definitley going to have my own little tea party!
It made me think about the value of close-at-heart friends. These sisterchicks are the type that challenge you personally and spiritually to continually strive to better yourself....they give advice and share their experiences, failures included. They've been friends and mentors to me in a time in my life when I need it most. (okay is there ever a time when you don't need friends & mentors the most?) They are real people not afraid to be real with each other. They pray for each other, they help those in need, even people they don't know. They are the type that remember you at a tea party even though you've been gone for going on 3 years.
It also got me wondering what I am doing to be like them. Am I a friend and mentor like that to someone? And if not, why? How can I help someone who needs me right now and how can I brighten someone's day they way my sisterchicks brightened mine? They reminded me that it really doesn't take much, but showing someone you care is a really important, and really easy thing to do.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment