Friday, August 7, 2009
Cool in the Pool
Summer visits to the farm typically include countless hours in Grandma's pool. Unfortunately the temps this summer did not warrant it. But we had to make an effort at least one day, so we geared up, took a deep breath and jumped in. Amazingly D and all those cousins didn't seem to notice that it was only 82 when the sun was shining and the pool temp was maybe 76. I got (a little too) pushy with M, my water baby-turned fish, who'd jump into a stock tank fully clothed if you'd let her. I knew she'd love it once we brought her body temp down about 15 degrees. Maybe I was wrong. All she seemed to care about was trying to hold all 7 beach balls at the same time and trying to get out of that polar ice bath. Maybe next year.
These are the days the next generation will be blogging about someday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment