Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dancing With My Stars

If you happen to be a fan of Dancing With the Stars, you know that the new season has recently started. This is big news in our household, and not really with the family members you'd expect. D is a loyal follower.

It all started back when M was born, Grandma M was visiting (and watching DWTS) and every Monday night she'd take Daniel out on our living room "dance floor" and do a jig with him. After Grandma went home, D and I continued the routine until the season ended. It was a good way to spend one-on-one time with my little boy who was feeling edged out by a new baby. When the new season of DWTS started, we started back up too, because it came on right after M went to bed (and on a night DaddyHealy has class). And so it continued, every Monday dancing with my best boy, song after song, until 7:30 (or 7:45 if a favorite was coming up next!)

This season it's more complicated because M is staying up later, so we do a fancy little dance or two with all 3 of us, then I put her to bed and come back out and dance some more with Daniel. The opening night after our threesome dance, I went off to read M her books and tuck her in, knowing I was missing a dance and hoping D wasn't disappointed. When I came back to the living room a dance was just finishing up and D suddenly hopped back onto the couch and said:

"I danced the foxtrot by myself! I remembered how from when I was a little boy! Let's see what my scores are!"

Oh how I wish I could have been a fly on the wall, as I am certain he was diligently watching and dancing, trying to follow their every move!

No comments:

Post a Comment