Marinated Tomatoes
2-3 cups small tomatoes cut into wedges (or halved cherry tomatoes)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt (I use coarse salt)
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Mix together dressing, pour over tomatoes. Gently stir to coat and chill for at least 2 hours.
-------
Homemade Garlic Croutons
5 or 6 1-inch thick slices of a good artisan bread, cubed (I make very large cubes)
4 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, cook and stir about 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add bread cubes and toss to coat, spread over a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes for slightly chewy bruschetta texture, longer for crisp & dry croutons. Check & stir frequently to prevent burning.
-------
The Bruschetta Salad
The Bruschetta Salad
Arrange marinated tomatoes and croutons atop a bed of greens of your choice. Drizzle with remaining marinade. Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
------
Notes: We like the croutons a bit chewy to retain the bruschetta flavor/texture. As for greens in this salad, we like arugula best, green leaf is also good, but I'll use whatever we have on hand.
Makes: maybe 2 servings if you like it as much as us! :)
By the way, I don't even like tomatoes.....but I love this!
Yummy! Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately, my Colorado tomatoes aren't nearly as good as Kansas ones!
ReplyDelete